Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 3:57:16 PM EDT
Anyone have one ?

I was thinking of putting a TA01 on my SAR-48, and was wondering how this
works out with cheekweld and such.

Thinking of using the LaRue mount or the ARMS one.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
yea there was a pic from here not too long ago, he said it worked great and the pic looked awesome.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm running 4 TA01B's on 2 full size, 1 carbine & 1 Para with either ARMS #19S or TA51 mounts. No problems on eye relief at all.  IMO the ACOG is the best combat optic out there.

Sorry no pics.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
When I got the scope mount on my PARA, I tried the TA31 from my AR on  it  so I could determine whether or not I wanted one for my FAL. After trying it out, I decided that the AIMPOINT was out, the ACOG was IN! I decided on the 3x Compact ACOG for the 16"  since it's meant more for speed than distance.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
gunmonkey I used the same on mine and it worked awesome
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Problem is - the cheekweld is really high.  Especially if you use a railed cover, plus a mount.

DSA makes a railed cover that has an integral ACOG mount that gets it lower.  Zhukov, a member here - has one.  You should IM him about it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Put an ITC cheekrest on either a fixed or Para stock & you'll have a perfect cheek weld.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#8]

This is a T168 (ACOG copy) on a FAL WITH the DSA special mount.

Here is a better pic of one with an ACOG on a rail with standard mounting:

See how the height over bore is WAY above the irons?  Now think of an AR with the same deal.  We try to keep scopes, red dots, etc... in line with the irons, for a consistent weld, and POA/POI  trajectory.  On the FAL, optics just sit a lot higer.  Getting a cheekpiece is the way to go for most, I imagine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=44391

This is a T168 (ACOG copy) on a FAL WITH the DSA special mount.

Here is a better pic of one with an ACOG on a rail with standard mounting:

www.hunt101.com/img/340506.jpg

img275.imageshack.us/img275/6834/dscf00241cr.jpg

See how the height over bore is WAY above the irons?  Now think of an AR with the same deal.  We try to keep scopes, red dots, etc... in line with the irons, for a consistent weld, and POA/POI  trajectory.  On the FAL, optics just sit a lot higer.  Getting a cheekpiece is the way to go for most, I imagine.

That is a pic of my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#10]
will I be still able to use iron sights with an ACOG mounted on my FAL?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes & No

No = The sight tunnel of the ACOG will not allow the normal use of the rear sight, BUT I use the sight tunnel as a rear ghost ring only for CQB.

Yes = Mount your ACOG on a QR mount and when you want to use your irons, pop it off.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes & No

No = The sight tunnel of the ACOG will not allow the normal use of the rear sight, BUT I use the sight tunnel as a rear ghost ring only for CQB.

Yes = Mount your ACOG on a QR mount and when you want to use your irons, pop it off.

Uhhhh.... if you get the DSA mount I mentioned - you CAN use irons and ACOG.

www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=TA620A&storeid=1&image=acogfalmnt.gif

So the correct answer is YES, IF you buy the right parts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I went the DSA mount route once & didn't like it. Too big & bulky, too tricky to put on & take off, plus it mars the finish on your upper receiver.

I went to the ARMS #3 & #4 mounts and use it as described.  It works for me.  To each his/her own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top