Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 9:15:47 AM EDT
I saw a program about a guy who restored Dusenburgs. Most of his clients were in their 60's and at some point would call and ask, "Do you think you'll finish before I die?"

Not nearly as extreme, but when I placed an order for a FAL first week in November, I asked if they could give me a "realistic" delivery time. 6 weeks. So the Christmas week I called to touch base and they said, "The barrels are in stock, couple of weeks."

OK.

No word yet so I'm wondering, can anyone who has ordered from them translate this into Real Time?

I have another load of South African arriving today, have all the .308 cleaning stuff ready to go and I've read a Fal manual I  got off the net a couple of times. Weather is mild, I'm in neutral.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I suspect that if those Dusenberg owners were willing to settle for a Mercedes, BMW, or even a vintage Corvette that they would already be blasting down the road smartly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but you can't crank them up, let them idle and stand a nickle up on the engine. It was a neat show, and as he said, "when I get them up and running, I get to drive them home at night." He lived out in the country (Wisconsin, IIRC). Took weeks to paint them. As he described it they used so many coats it looked like you were looking down into a pool.

Maybe in the next life!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top