Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:49:26 AM EDT
I was just out shooting one of my fal's when it decided to become a single shot rifle. The first shot fired and the second shot would have a very lite primer strike. That happened twice and then the bolt locked about.5 inch out of battery and is still stuck with a live round in it.

First off, how do I safely get the bolt unlocked?
Second, what caused it to become a single shot?

Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Do the pogo trick. Bounce the rifle down hard on a piece of wood to get the bolt carrier to move. What's the gas regulator set at? Depending on the rifle and ammo setting 5 is a good place to start. if the regulator is set to high there's not enough gas pressure to get the rifle to cycle properly. Also check to see if the gas is turned off for grenade launching mode. The valve is located at the front of the gas block/front sight assembly.

MikeyBat
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I was getting light primer strikes before, but it turned out to be a broke firing pin.  

Quoted:
Do the pogo trick. Bounce the rifle down hard on a piece of wood to get the bolt carrier to move.

+1
I had to do this a couple days ago to get a spent case out.  I charged the handle and bounced the rifle at the same time.  Works great.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Judging from your description, the second round was not getting fully chambered. That would account for the light primer strike. Also, since you stated that there is still a live round chambered, but the bolt is not fully into battery, that there may be some foreign matter in the chamber.

What ammo were you shooting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top