Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 1:36:37 PM EDT
I've noticed a couple of FAL type rifles locally lately and I'm intrigued. I currently have an AR black rifle but I also have a bolt .308 gun. I've thought it would be cool to have .308 semi-auto.

Anyway, one of the guns is a Century Arms L1A1. I don't know much more about it. It has a carry handle, a (seemingly) permantly attached muzzle device, military style sights (rear peep) and a pistol grip. It comes with three magazines and is currently priced at $679 but the pawnbroker who owns it is ready to deal. My guess is that it could be had for about $550.

The other one I've only looked at once and don't recall a lot about it. The tag says something about IMBEL Sporter. It has a pistol grip but it doesn't appear to "belong" as much as the pistol grip on the other one. Can't explain it more than that. I just get a "check" on the grip. I don't recall anything about the sights or barrel termination of this one. Seems like that one is in the $600 range as well.

Is there a FAQ posted somewhere where a fella can learn to tell one receiver from another and which one's to watch for. I gather there's metric and English versions as well. Where is all that explained?

If anybody wants to offer any opinions based on what little I could remember or offer things to check I'd be grateful.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php

Here is about the best FAL site there is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top