Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 8:04:10 AM EDT
I searched the last 3 pages for this topic, before the dupe police ambush me. I'm sure it's been covered before. Just can't find it.

Looking for a place on the web to get one besides Tapco. I was looking at DSA. No local dealers have any.

My problem is that I need to get it here by the 4th or 5th of Jan, if I order today as I am leaving Ohio for good and will be in transit for the next several weeks. I won't have an exact shipping address after that for a while, until I get an apt set up. I will be staying with friends.

Maybe I should just hold off, but I'd like to get it ready for my trip. It's going to be my truck gun for the trip.

I also plan to convert it to a Para FAL in a few months, as well.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]
try the Gunpartsguy
a great fellow to deal with. if he has stock he can probably get it to you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
DSA has the real SAW ones with contract #'s stamped on w/trap door(www.dsarms.com). Tapco has them as well but, I don't know if they are the real deal or knock offs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks FALna45,

Fired off and he'll have it to me in a week, what he indicated to me. $21.75 shipping included.

Thanks for all the replies. I don't really care if it's a knock off or not. I'll have more than enough US parts. I'll be sure to hit up DSA for the Para parts kit, though. I've met the guys at DSA and they are all real good people. They just need to move out of enemy territory.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got 2 SAW grips from DSA.  I have the Tapco grips as well.  The texture and feel on the real SAW grips that DSA sell are much better.  The Tapco grips are replicas.  They work great, but once you used the real SAW grip, you wouldn't want to go back.

IM inbound for Tapco grip.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#5]
glad to help!
GPG's is most likely the Tapco grip, but i'm pretty sure it's US made even if it's not FN US made.
i too have the DSA offering which is nice (never seen Tapco's up close to compare),
i'd about guarantee GPG's s&h will be more reasonable on a low $$ order like this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought 2 of the DSA SAW grips and love 'em. The OD one looks really nice with matching handguards on my Para.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The Tapco grip has a plastic door on the bottom.  The one DSA sells has a metal door.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I think congratulations are in order for the FN engineer who decided to use the same grip on the SAW as on the FAL, thus assuring that at least some FAL parts will not go out of production.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top