Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 3:22:24 PM EDT
Are you tired of that (POS) crappy LED illuminator or wish to replace that dead Tritium unit in your Trilux SUIT? Tired of spending $$ on batteries? Well…

Several of us are coordinating to produce a quality, rugged and compact replacement SUIT illuminator module utilizing a FUNCTIONAL YELLOW OR GREEN TRITIUM LIGHTSOURCE. We have finalized two designs, have a source for tritium vials, and have a machine shop lined up.

We are hoping to get the illuminator units out at under $50.00, but with enough volume the price could be even lower. Therefore I am posting this thread.

The unit will be made from hard anodized aluminum. It will ‘drop in’ and be secured with either 2 ‘O’ rings or a circlip (buyer's choice). It will be very close to the height of the original and lower than the LED module. The unit will not be an exact reproduction, as it will have a top flange on the unit that will mate within the SUIT's recess. The adjustment will be either a ‘T’ handle, like the original, or a knurled knob with an index. It will be a rugged, compact, and fully functional unit.

The Tritium vial source says that the lifespan is 10 years. We assume that there will be a slight loss of output over the first 7~8 years, followed by rapid decline at the 10~12 year point as the Tritium reaches exhaustion.

We do not have a production date established yet (hopefully within two months!), and we will not be taking any ‘advance orders’ at this time. But as soon as we get our pre-production models I’ll provide an update here.

We are not a commercial enterprise, just some guys that wanted to replace our own LED modules and knew that we were not alone.

If you'd be interested, please let us know here so that we can determine our material requirements and get an idea of how many units to produce. We then can compute realistic bulk pricing.

Please note that we are posting in several forums on the WEB and would appreciate that you only respond to one posting. This is to enable a realistic projected quantity.

Thanx
Older_Crow

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
i might take one if the price was right
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds interesting. It would be nice to have a Illuminator like the sight was designed for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sounds interesting. It would be nice to have a Illuminator like the sight was designed for.

That's what we're 'aiming' for!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll find the latest SUIT project updates HERE!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw the post on the Fal Files, and I still want one!!!

Shit man, LET'S GO, CHOP CHOP!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Count me in!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Note: Being excited about getting something going is one thing, now, advertising belongs to the EE forums. Keep that in mind please.
HUNTER.

This is a SURVEY which was cleared prior to posting. In fact it was recommended by a moderator to post here and in the AR Optics forums.

When the time comes and pricing is determined, beleive me I'll be  posting in  EE.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting. I wouldn't mind one either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cool, and when that time comes and pricing is determined, believe me, i'm buying one from you

HUNTER.

Gotcha down for one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top