Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 8:24:19 AM EDT
appreciate the help thus far I am set on fn-fal platform for all-purpose 308 and for a general purpose rifle,ie: defense,plinking,hunting and still reasonable priced which is the best maker ?what am i looking to spend for complete package, rifle scope and mounts etc?thanks hooahhug.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#1]
In general, a nice fixed stock rifle ($800) with good mount and scope ($300) is going to run you around $1100. I'd either get a DSA StG58 or do the research on falfiles.com and buy the parts and have a smith build it to your specs; or find an outstanding deal on an already built kit rifle and maybe save $100.

Another option, and IMO the "entry level" into FAL ownership (it was for me) is buying a used Century L1A1 rifle built on an Imbel metric receiver for around $400-$500. You can always upgrade the furniture, have a proper muzzle device installed, add scope, refinish, etc..; Century FrankenFALs are usually ugly but functional.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top