Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:12:44 PM EDT
Does anyone recommend a good gunsmith to assemble my DSA receiver? I called DSA but they are too busy now to do this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Arizona Response Systems

Assuming you have a complete parts kit with US parts. Assemby. parkerizing and test fire for $325. I'm not sure if there is and extra charge for a California compliant build.

You could buy the tools and build it yourself. If you lived closer I'd build it for you for nothing!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Planedoc I will contact them. Thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't for get about Rich @ CGW and Derek @ AZEX.  Rich probably has a much shorter turnaround time that Mark @ARS.  All are great.  Call them each and see which one you like the best.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't for get about Rich @ CGW and Derek @ AZEX.  Rich probably has a much shorter turnaround time that Mark @ARS.  All are great.  Call them each and see which one you like the best.

Yep!! Them too......
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Coyote Gulch also does good work, as well as Ken at Global Military Gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Sledgehammer Arms Works in Mansfield Texas.

You can find Sledgehammer over on FALFiles all the time.

Great FAL-smith..
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Arizona Response Systems built my most recent FAL.  Be warned that although the work is absolutely top notch, you're in for a wait.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Mark Tucker at Coyote Gulch does great work.  He's built two for me, as well as a Polish AK underfolder.  The first FAL was a G1 kit that is one of the nicest looking FALs I've seen.  The second was an Imbel kit made into an 18" carbine.  Its picture is on his website:

http://www.coyotegulcharmory.com/Stan01.jpg

Can't recommended him highly enough.  Very nice guy too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a "techno-barb" but maybe I can make this work.

My CGA FAL Carbine
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]
You should be able to do it. Just try it . I never thought I could build an AK 47 and now have 4 of them and am completely addicted to building them. All you have to do is read the discussion boards and have some confidence in your ability . It is much cheaper and you will forever be attached to any rifle you build yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top