Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2005 5:01:26 PM EDT
how do you tell the diffrence between metric and inch FAL mags.I have a BUSHMASTER  BAR-10
that takes both kind.what is the diff?????????
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
On metric mags the front engagement point is a nub pushed out of the mag body itself. The inch mags have a larger lug attached to the front of the magazine. Also, inch mags are flared at the bottom for floorplate attachment, metrics are just folded over at the bottom. Inch mags are far more expensive.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
My BAR10 likes most metric mags and fortunately they are more plentiful, cheaper than inch and my FAL also uses metric so I can share. New in wrapper metric's are generally around in local shops at $10 ish and used for $6 or $7. I have not had any failures (knock on wood) with the rifle or mags. I recommend going with the new in wrapper mags and then clean/lube (wipe lube off)  mags before using. I really enjoy my Busshie and am glad I purchased it over the AR10 I was considering.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a AR-10 it was a feedinf nightmare.my BUSHMASTER BAR-10 is great I got 10 new mags with it
when I bought it.they are all metric.thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top