Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 9:21:01 PM EDT
ok I am looking for a FAL with a 16" barrell and folding stock ...does such a creature exist and why aside from caliber is the FAL better / worse than a AR 15
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Believe these guys can get within 1/4" of your barrel length requirement and have the folding stock too: www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=SA58TAC&storeid=1&image=sa58mwtact.gif

Mike
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
look at picture thread page 16 is my DSA 16in with folding stock...will give ya an idea :)

FAL beter than AR:

1. Caliber... better to have the power of the 308 than a poodle shooter in 223

2. GAS PISTON DRIVEN!! most reliable rifles are gas piston driven(FAL,AK) instead of the crappy blowback system of the AR(main reason for any reliability issues)

3. EXTREMELY easy to break down(field strip) and the parts are plentiful and cheap!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The best thing about the FAL (for me) is it can be made to look more evil and it can also be made to look more old school dead sexy than other rifles. Short stroke piston, adjustable exhaust on the gas, most small parts are inexpensive and available.

Plenty of info available (Falfiles) (DSA) (Gunthings) (GunPartsGuy)

Not so good things: Heavier, good quality receivers cost more, assembly requires more (barreling) (gas blocks)

Are you looking for a fishing rifle for Alaska?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
looking for a truck gun for my buggy , that I can still plink with
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top