Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 2:39:11 PM EDT
Sorta hard to read but I think it says Stier or something close to it on the FAL I bought yesterday. What Country makes that? Has some FN parts on it, Imbal reciever, everything seemed to be pretty good shape. BBL looks very close to new, Metric pattern. I know it's a parts kit from what I can see, but it has some nice parts on it and 400 bucks with a threaded BBL a couple of mags, and the flash hider/comp with the fins and holes seemed OK. Guy was selling several rifles, a few bolts and this one for college money for his kid. Personally JR woulda had a job before I started selling guns to pay for his education. Very clean inside, all I found wrong was a screw missing on the lower part of the receiver where it fastens to the stock. Fixed in about 5 minutes. Has what I assume is a grenade sight? on the gas plug. Sound right?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Styer barrels were made in Austria.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You made an excellent score. The Steyr F A L barrels are the very best military F A L barrels ever made. You should be more than pleased with the performance.

Your description of the gas plug mounted sights is accurate for a grenade launcher sight.  Does your rifle have fiberglass hand guards or steel?

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You made an excellent score. The Steyr F A L barrels are the very best military F A L barrels ever made. You should be more than pleased with the performance.

Your description of the gas plug mounted sights is accurate for a grenade launcher sight.  Does your rifle have fiberglass hand guards or steel?

Steel, with no bipod. I took it all the way down and very little wear is evidenced throughout, the bolt looks almost new as does the lower and BBL. I did see a REAL FAL at the show, and watched it get sold at $2600. Had the removable flash hider/bipod assy. VERY cool.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did see a REAL FAL at the show, and watched it get sold at $2600. Had the removable flash hider/bipod assy. VERY cool.

You have a REAL FAL. There is nothing artificial about it. It is just as "real" as any other F A L. Don't buy into that gun snobbery business.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I did see a REAL FAL at the show, and watched it get sold at $2600. Had the removable flash hider/bipod assy. VERY cool.

You have a REAL FAL. There is nothing artificial about it. It is just as "real" as any other F A L. Don't buy into that gun snobbery business.  

I just meant one that had been brought in before the ban.  I really liked the front hand guard made out of wood tho it was so big it looked uncomfortable to hold. Why did they use such HUGE bipods on them? FA? I like how they can be removed quickly by just turning it. Gotta weigh 2 pounds tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top