Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 5:37:57 AM EDT
Is this the same stuff as the "Aussie" on stripper clips that people say is so good or should I stick with the SA battlepacks?

They have this stuff for $120 for 1000 rounds in 20rnd boxes and was thinking about trying some out.  Has anybody had good/bad results?  Chrono results?

JMN69
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#1]
i havnt used it. from what i understand its not the exact same as the aussie stuff that came in on the bandoliers (i have used alot of this and it was great!) but is made to the same specs. all reports on this ammo seem good. i plan on gettimg some myself.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Its not the same as Aussy. Its good ammo but expect some rounds to be very badly corroded. So far i havent opened a box that hasnt had at least 2 rounds with rust on them. The rust/corrosion spots bounce around in location from box to box. Some cases only have it on the rim others its on the entire cartridge.

Someone posted a pic on the falfiles where the rust had spread inside the case and pretty much glued the bullet to it. So if you buy some cull the rounds that are corroded IMO.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Check your other thread on this topic.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
ive ran into two diffrent types of argintine surplus ammunition. ones that are packaged in sleaves that are stapled and always have some sort of crosison on at least 2 rounds per sleave. the other is actualy boxed with no staples and looks to be alot cleaner then the one in sleaves. if you buy the ammo look for the ammo packed in boxes with no staples and it should be good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top