Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:17:41 AM EDT
working with a para stock and have a couple questions before I get out a hammer...

Is the stock retained in the hinge by this pin?  How is it removed... just drive it out?  Is it a taper pin, meaning does it need to be removed specifically to the top or bottom?

Here's the bottom of the stock assembly.

Also, another question.  I'm wanting to experiment with some different lengths of pull and don't want to butcher the long stock I have, will one of the tapco folding stocks fit into the hinge?  Or is there an inexpensive source for just the stock that I could experiment with.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The gunsmithing forums and the reference sections of www.falfiles.com/forums/ have plenty of guys who can help you out.  They had many posts about the group buy para stocks from SARCO, and how to disassemble and rebuild them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I shortened my Para stock by a inch to make it much more comfortable.

Yes, that pin drives out from top to bottom.  At least that is how I drove it out. I put a drop or two of Kroil and let it sit a day before driving out the pin.
Use a good machine vise to hold the stock to re-drill your new hole. Preferably on a milling machine so you get a nice straight hole.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Who made the stock.  It looks synthetic.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Who made the stock.  It looks synthetic.

It is synthetic... I believe it's a South African or Rhodesian stock.  It's about 1 inch longer than an Imbel fixed stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top