Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 12:44:34 PM EDT
i took a look at my bolt and noticed that the firing pin was sticking out of the face. i pulled it appart and i noticed that there was about an inch missing from the firing pin and the rest of it i had to tap out. now what is a 2 piece firing pin compared to what looks like a one piease i pulled out (was an imbel kit orginal).
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with the 2 piece firing pin in the FAL. Mine has a south african bolt with a 1 piece. But I did have a 2 piece break in a FN49 the back piece broke and seized the rifle it wedged between the bolt and the hammer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i took a look at my bolt and noticed that the firing pin was sticking out of the face. i pulled it appart and i noticed that there was about an inch missing from the firing pin and the rest of it i had to tap out. now what is a 2 piece firing pin compared to what looks like a one piease i pulled out (was an imbel kit orginal).

Yikes, don't know. I have a one piece deal. You may want to try FALFiles.com. Great bunch of guys over there with a wealth of info on all things FAL. They will steer you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]

A two piece firing pin is one where they break it ahead of time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The two piece firing pins were made for inch pattern bolts. IMBEL is metric pattern.  If your pin were a twp piece, there would be no question that it was supposed to be.

Here are a couple of sources for a new firing pin.

www.gunpartsguy.com
www.dansammo.com Dan doesn't have them listed on his site. Send him an email and ask if he has any. I'll bet that he does.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
seems they also used them for the metric... ill ask the fal guys as well. thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top