Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:20:02 PM EDT
First inch build ever. Anyone know how to get to the recoil tube nut? I am assuming it attached the same way as a metric stock once you get the buttpad screw spacer out. How you do it guys?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Unscrew the screw. There is a psacer that fills the hole, take that out (I use a screwdriver in there and wiggle it off). Then you have access just like on a Metric. Once the retaining screw and springs are out you can remove the buttplate and go forward
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tim. I figured that spacer had to come out, it must be seized. Figured I'd ask before ruining an otherwise awesome buttpad. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
First time I took mine out I had to use a screwdriver shaft in the hole and wiggle the thing off-took about five minutes of solid work.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it off. It was a bitch. Ya know, I have always wanted an L1A1, and am happy to be building this rifle, but one has to wonder just why the British had to take a very solid and perfect design and alter it the way they did. Some things simply are not as soundly engineered.
i.e. pistol grip screw through the lower instead of a stud.
buttpad spacer thing.

The folding cocking handle and rear sight is pure genuis though.

Thanks for your help Tim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top