Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 11:49:28 AM EDT
Newbie to FAL's but I own a AR... loooking into the sem 308s. Anyways where can I find a good source for info like how to build a FAL... who to buy and what to look out for. Are they easy to operate like the AR? Which companies should I look for and which ones should I stay away from? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
well, you've done it now!
go here & read THE STICKIED threads

here's an excellent how to build one
while a bit dated as to prices / availability CRUFFLER has a good how to & some other good info too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
You are fortunate to be in Texas. Texas is F A L central in the USA. I think that there are more F A L builders/owners in Texas than anywhere else in America.

It has been reported that Dan Tobin of Dan's Sporting Goods will be getting several thousand IMBEL kits back from the government that were wrongfully confiscated by the knuckle dragging nose pickers in ATF. If you are interested in building an F A L or more, then snatching up a few of the IMBEL kits will be a very good thing to do. Also, Dan Tobin is one fine man and an excellent vendor.

www.dansammo.com
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
falfiles is the best place for FAL info of all types.  Only build a FAL on a DSA, Imbel or Coonan receiver.  Imbel harder and harder to find.  DSA, IMHO is the best but like most things in life you get what you pay for.  Kits are also harder to find and going up in cost for decent ones.  These days its worth buying complete FAL's rather than building them out of parts.  Look around on the EE here and on the FAL files and you can see some good deals if you are patient.  I found a NIB DSA STG58 for $750 earlier this year.  YMMV

If you are going to buy one DSA is a good first stop and so is Enterprise.  Many custom builders still build great rifles like ARS, Azex, CGW, ORF all good reputable builders.

Avoid Century FALs, have any WECSOG FAL's checked out before shooting.

Just my opinion, hope it helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top