Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 10:20:29 AM EDT
For the AR15's I carry a spare bolt and carrier assembly, a full lower parts kit and a full upper parts kit.

What say you guys for the FAL?

Any special tools?
Again, for the AR15 I have a small hammer and an "all-in-one" wrench.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
thats what you get for owning a toy gun lolol  J/K :)   with both FALS that i have owned i put many many rounds through them both out at the ranges and the only thing i ever brought for both were extra mags/ gas and sight adjustment tool/ and MUCH ammo :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]

If you have a one piece firing pin a spare would be a good idea as some do break on rare occasions according to what I have read. As with all guns, a spare extractor and spring is a good idea too. Bad ammo could always wreak havoc on an otherwise perfect gun.

I don't carry any spare FAL parts with me to the range because they are not prone to breaking, and if it did I'd fix it at home anyway. I do have spares in my parts bin though. It’s getting almost as big as my AR parts bin.

These are the most basic tools to have at home:

www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=11&Subcat=Tools&storeid=1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
More parts to order....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top