Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 7:47:42 AM EDT
I have a STG58 kit that I've had for a while.  I have most of it refinished with Norrell's over park, but havn't decided if I want to find a receiver and build her out yet.  What would this kit with about 10 or 12 mags be worth?  It does have matching numbers on the bolt/bc/barrel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were you I'd hold onto it at least until this barrel ban thing pans out.  You could end up with a much higher valued kit if the "new interpretation" really happens.  Im not enouraging scalping, but people will be willing to pay more once there not imported anymore.

This is why Im spending all the money I have on kits now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I say hold onto your kit for now unless you really want to rid of it.I always think of it this way 'slow investment' when they are completely dried up your kit will be worth that more or one day built for your collected/shooting enjoyment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't say what it is worth now, but for reference, I bought my STG58 kit (not refinished) for $109 (+ $10 shipping), and mags seem to go for $5.00 at the gun shows.
If I were you, I'd hang onto it.  They always seem to cost more, and are harder to find, once you don't have one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with what these guys stated above about the future of kits in country. I bought my STG kit last May and I think I paid $330 for it. Now they are hard to find. The mags run about $5-$10.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The Austrian mags (with the holes in back) will be the most valuable.  Those are the only ones I buy, and when I see them, I buy them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top