Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 3:14:52 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend the best mount for an Entreprise Type 03 reciever? (STG58 build) Are there steel mounts available?

Which is the best, where can I get one, how much and does anyone have one for sale? Thanks for any information.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]

I'd stick with DSA mounts for now. They have locking plates to stay put and they have the curves and cuts in them so ejecting brass does not hit it, bounce back, and cause a jam. No other mount on the market has either of these features.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd stick with DSA mounts for now. They have locking plates to stay put and they have the curves and cuts in them so ejecting brass does not hit it, bounce back, and cause a jam. No other mount on the market has either of these features.

+1 on the DSA
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on a carbine build I did. I took the Aimpoint off of my M4gery and it held zero through 300 rds. I took the Aimpoint off and put it back where it belonged.

Nice to know the DSA mount will stay zeroed when I decided to put some sort of optic on it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a 14X Springfield 1st Generation combat scope on my DSA  Stg 58using the DSA mount.
Really works well. Can take it off and on with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, everyone.  DSA it is then.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Tapco mount here and it works like a charm.  Several hundred rounds through it with no problem.  never loosened with a drop of locktite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top