Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:19:43 PM EDT
I have a G1 FAL and it has the cammed on long flash hider. This thing is long and adds to the over all length of the 21" barrel. My question is are there any other options for me in flash hiders? Shorter, fatter, more aggressive, ect? I was looking to have the barrel cut/threaded but not if I have to. Any input would be great.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i would strongly urge you NOT TO CUT the lugged barrel. especially if chrome lined (CR marked on bayo lug) but regardless really. get another barrel if you want threads...i'm sure someone would trade you especially if your barrel is in nice shape. or maybe get a sleeved G1 FH and see if Moses or MrBonecrusher or somebody can maks a short FH from it??
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
What you need is a FAL carbine, to go with that G1.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I know. I have an extra kit tht is going to be cut to 16.25" and threaded. I have a PARA lower for it but this G1 is screaming for a new FH. I may keep it the way it is as stated above since it's chrome lined. I'll just work on the other one. If I decide to buy a 16.25" threaded barrel for the other FAL, where is one to get the BEST price?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Try the Smith Enterprise FAL suppressor-capable Vortex.  I have two.  They might have one or two leftover from an FMS contract earlier in the year.  A few weeks ago he had four or five left.   Worth a shot...certainly a rare piece of kit.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn Skippy!

Perfect reason to get another one!

You don't take a bloodhound to a dogfight, and you don't take a pit to a greyhound race.

You have to build or buy another one, or you will regret it for the rest of your life!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The best deal for a FAL barrel is at DSA. Their used 16.25" or 18" $125 Steyr barrels are worth every penny. Cutting down a G-1 bbl (even chromed) would be OK if the bore was crap, otherwise hang on to it. I've cut down a lot of barrels without concern over the alteration but good CR G-1 bbls should be left uncut. Maybe even think about swapping the CR bbl to someone for a carbine length bbl before cutting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top