Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 9:33:16 AM EDT
My C.A.I. built Imbel receiver L1A1. I plan to put in in its correct form with a U.S. stock set and FCG. I am also going to get it threaded for a U.S. made Steyr style short flash suppressor. I haven't yet decided if I am going to leaver it at 21" or cut it to 16" or 18"

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice looking FAL, the older Imbel standard rifles are nice.  Just remember once you change that buttstock, you're going to have to be 922 compliant, 7 US parts with a flash-hider, 6 without.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I plan on using a U.S. FCG, U.S. stock set, and a U.S. flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Please change the stock. It does the FAL no justice!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn you got a deal!! That thing looks in great shape, good thing you got there before I did.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damn you got a deal!! That thing looks in great shape, good thing you got there before I did.

Thanks man. It was actually a "new" gun. It had not been fired since it was built at CAI.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Also remember that if you chop the barrel, you will have to substantially raise the rear sight to achieve zero.  You will not likely have enough travel in the front sight to accomplish this.  The Brit sight with the peep hole welded and re drilled higher should work or an Izzy sight.

I was planning to use the hooded Izzy sight. I might just decide to keep it rifle length though...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also remember that if you chop the barrel, you will have to substantially raise the rear sight to achieve zero.  You will not likely have enough travel in the front sight to accomplish this.  The Brit sight with the peep hole welded and re drilled higher should work or an Izzy sight.

I was planning to use the hooded Izzy sight. I might just decide to keep it rifle length though...

The izzy rear sight is shorter than the inch sights. It is about mid way between the metric and inch sights.
I tried a inch rear on a 16 inch build  and it was too tall so I went with the izzy and it worked fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top