Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 5:00:51 AM EDT
Has anyone received their Rail / Top cover from Grenadier Precision for that pre-buy a few months ago? I placed an order,  was given an order number, and have been trying to contact them, but get no reply or rail / top cover for that matter!

Sua Sponte,
rgrprib
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, have you tried contacting them on FALFiles? A post there mentioned that they were out of town last week.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have tried directly to their e-mail and a few phone calls.

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
No, haven't seen anything yet. I got in pretty early on the order as well.

Here is the Fal Files thread if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent one of the guys a private message on the 'Files with a link to this thread. Let's see if they respond.

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
We have not shipped any yet.  Sorry about the calls.  We have been in DC for the last week visiting with Leitner-Wise.  You will know it is arriving in short order when your credit card gets dinged.

I forgot about the FAL folks over here on ARFCOM.  We have been trying to keep folks up to date on the fal files.  There is a thread there "cat is out of the bag" on the general firearms discussion.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

There was a huge delay as our one machine has been cranking out ARM-R rails.  It will be clear before the end of the week.  

The scope mounts are fixtured and programmed so with each push of the green button you are left with basically a finished product.  So what we do by wed of each week will be shipped to anodizing thursday and shipped to the customer the following wed. starting with the first orders first.  We will do this until the orders are filled.

I hope we have not disappointed too many people with our delays.  It was a business decision that looks like it will pay off as MARCORSYSCOM is evaluating the rail system on the LW .499 and 5.56 K-P.  That is not something you can ignore.  

I will make it up to you guys some how.

As far as calling, I am out most of the day dealing with production issues.  Email is your best bet as I can respond in turn in the middle of the night.  Email is [email protected].  We are not big enough yet to afford a receptionist.

Hang tight.  I am dealing with a part time engineer/machinist.  Hopefully this will be rectified soon as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Mike, I was just in MD.  DAYUM it is hot there!!!  I thought TX was bad until I got there.  I could see the humidity in the air.  How do you stand it?

100 degrees here vs. 100 there is a totally different proposition with the humidity.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Prib.  I got your email,  I was just getting caught up.  I got 80 emails in 6 days while absent.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
If its for the military, no problem,  I will wait.  

Just wanted to know what was going on. I got a bud in the MARCORSYSCOM group. You may have spoken to him.

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]

I can’t wade through all 19 pages of that thread.

Do these have the DSA type cuts and curves to prevent spent brass induced jams?  A few pictures of the ejection port would help.

It’s hard to believe a non-secured slide-on mount will retain zero shot after shot. If it is so tight and machined so precise how do I know it will even fit on all my receivers?  They (receivers) can’t all be cut exactly the same. Receivers are not precise to begin with.

Are there beta testers out there?  I am a doubting Thomas on these mounts until they are thoroughly proven.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Major Taggage.....the FALFILES post is getting to long to follow.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I would also like to know how these return to zero since there are no screws or such like the DSA mount.  An explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I would also like to know how these return to zero since there are no screws or such like the DSA mount.  An explanation would be greatly appreciated.

It slides in to place and is held their just like the top cover is that came with your FAL.  

Ant
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Bigant.   Why would this method hold a zero?  It seems that if that was the case DSA wouldnt need all those screws to clamp theirs down tight?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thanks Bigant.   Why would this method hold a zero?  It seems that if that was the case DSA wouldnt need all those screws to clamp theirs down tight?

The ARMS FAL mount was held in place via a "friction fit".  The mother is/was a bitch to get on and off.  I'm not sure how the GP rail will be held firmly in place but I sure do hope it's doesn't require a rubber mallet like the ARMS mount did.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Any update on shippments?

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess Ill have to wait and see the mount.

By the way Ranger prib.  RLTW.  I was with the 75th from '89-'91.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Hooah Ranger gont! Were you at Regt. HQ or one of the Batts?

I was in Second 78 -80.

Yes I am old.

Get on the rangerlist at Yahoo Groups. There are a lot of us on there.

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I was 3rd for a short time then moved to Reg.   Was there through Panama and Desert Storm era
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I am waiting patiently for this moun t as well. I have a DSA SA58 Carbine that is an awesome shooter; I think an optical sight would make it my official "go-to" gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top