Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 7:12:55 PM EDT
Anyone tried these? do they work ok?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not all that interested in 30s for the FAL, personally - 'lotta weight, and 20s are always going to be more reliable... With quality 20s going for $3 to $5 bucks, I'd buy as many of those as I could afford before I'd spend a penny on a 30.... Of course, YMMV - but that's the way I see it...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, but ... I'd still like to know how well they work ... I may try my FAL in a three gun match with 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
skid

I got a few.  To be honest, I have tried them with my DSA carbine.  but at the time I was having trouble with the rifle and had to send it back to DSA for work.  Since I got it back I haven't tried them.

I also tried them with my full auto FN FAL and it emptied them just fine.  Once.  Not enough for me to trust them.

Maybe I'll take them out this weekend and try again.  I have to agree with the above about the weight though.  A full length FAL with a 30 round mag gets awfully front heavy.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:57:19 AM EDT
[#4]
have 1ea 30rd metric and converted L4a1 mags
YES they're heavy. mine have worked fine FA & semi
i like having them & want one more L4 mag but yeah, stock the 20s
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some converted DSA L4A1 30rd curved mags.  As mention above, they are heavy.  Mine work well.

If you are interested in buying some check here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top