Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2004 3:13:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont like them but thats just my 2 cents out of all my freinds im the only one that likes a humpback stock. as for the stock tool yes you need it. it keeps it a 5 min job. i would hate to try to put that spring back in with out a tool.
Ronald
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have saw furniture on my DSA STG58 kit I built on an Imbel receiver.  I personally like the stock and grip.  The hump back traditional look is excellent too, but I wanted something a little different.  

BUY THE STOCK TOOL...well worth the money.  You will have to remove the spring and "tube" and place it in the new stock.  Not too difficult.

Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a SAW butt stock I will sell you, I just don't like the downward angel of it from the prone, standing I liked it.  The pistol grip I think is a must have, I realy like the angel and feel of the pistol grip.  Don't get me wrong I like the saw butt stock design, I just think they need to make this a tad more horizontal.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
"comments on the SAW stock?"

Butt ugly, IMO - personally, I prefer either the STG-58 stock, or the Imbel Humpback - to each his own, though... Now, the SAW pistol grip is a different matter....

If you're not planning on changing out stocks frequently, you can get away with using a .22 cleaning rod as a sort of spring guide, and a large flatbladed screwdriver - I use a drag link socket, extension, and 3/8" drive ratchet I have on hand - as I don't change out stocks all that often...

Hope this helps,

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Fugly.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought I would like it, but as stated it's awful in the prone. Sold it cheap.  Give me a humpback any day.

Edited to add:  Hank buy the stock tool, a big greasy black spring mark on the ceiling would look terrible.
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought one, put it on and did not like it.  I tried selling it cheap at the FAL Files and had no takers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]
They suck...
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Where can I buy a SAW pistol grip?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried to order a SAW pistol grip from DSA just last week. They are for sale on the web site but they will send you an email after you order telling you they are out of stock with no ETA

I hate companies that conduct business like that - either maintain your web site e-commerce business or don't bother....many companies have a lot to learn about e-commerce in this respect but I digress.

Tapco has them for sale but I don't know their "in stock" status.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#12]
We have the 'SAW' FAL pistol grip in stock, in black. P.n. is TPSTK24022, price is $19.99.

Harlan
FAC
www.gusnsntuff.net
800-486-5971
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I just bought a FAL SAW stock from TAPCO.  I asked for a blemished, Olive Drab, one and got it for 14.99.  I got it and it looked good enough and when I put it on my gun it improved sight acquisition.  I contemplated buying another, but I'll let someone else get a good deal.  I really like it.  I also bought their scope mount it works great too.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]
the angle it what turns me off. if it was more horizontal it would be great
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#15]
you can use a cleaning rod in place of a stock tool. just run the rod down the hole, make sure you have the handle attached to keep it from flying out, and use a screwdriver to tighten/loosen the nut.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 Imbel humpback. I shot one with the SAW and didnt like it from prone that much, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I installed one last week on a build.  It appears to be well made.
It installed with no fitting problems all I had to do was drill the hole for the tang screw.

I test fired the rifle last weekend and the stock feels OK, I'm just not crazy about the
looks of it.

The SAW pistol grip works very well , I like it, but it's $20.00 and a standard FAL type US made pistol grip is about $5.00 from TAPCO.

Court .223
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top