Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 7:06:36 PM EDT
 Anybody bought a fal L1A1 from j&gsales or a fal from classic arms? How are they? They are the cheapest I have seen. I was just curious. Give me some feed back. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 Anybody bought a fal L1A1 from j&gsales or a fal from classic arms? How are they? They are the cheapest I have seen. I was just curious. Give me some feed back. Thanks.

It's a century fal.

Unless you have FAL experience, I would probably pass. Too much of a risk to take for your first FAL.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
i read that the century fals were pretty bad  but currently they are building them on better recievers and that they are of much better quality, i read that from the fal files. Is this true?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhhh no. The older Centurys were built on Imbel receivers. They really are not that bad. The newer Century guns are built on Hesse receivers, although they don't say Hesse. The bigest problem I see with them is the "unibrow" feed ramp. They are not reliable. Yes, if you like to tinker its possible to get them to work. I had one. I bought it cheap $300 just to see how well it worked. It was about 75% reliable. The kit was actually a nice one. The bore was excellent. Don't go that route.

Mag
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't trust their FALs for the money but I did take a chance on a CETME and have had great luck with it.  I did have to replace the firing pin, which was broken.  Thankfully Dunham's let me take it from another CETME that they had in stock.  I paid 325+tax.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top