Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2004 4:45:23 PM EDT
I decided to take the plunge & bought my first FAL. I'm very much a newbie when it comes to the FAL so I'd like your opinion on my purchase. Here are the specs.

*Imbel gear logo receiver from FAC
*DSA Steyr 16.25" barrel w/ soldered short gas tube, and threaded barrel. DSA STG58 shorty muzzle device (not soldered).
*Unmarked Inch carrier w/sandcuts and chrome bolt (from Gunprtsguy)
*FSE H/T/S, FSE gas piston, DSA charging handle, Penguin buttstock and US pistol grip.
*Imbel handguards

Everything is as new of freshly parked. $675.00

I should have her next weekend.

Here is a pic :

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this a sign ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#2]
not a bad sign!
of course ya didn't say how much it costs......as far as the components/ specs it sounds swell!
oh wait, did you edit that in? price sounds like ya did good.
if it runs right i'll bet you have a new favorite rifle!
the shorties really handle nice IMO tho some would say 16.25" is too short & 18 is much better.
if it were to be your only FAL (bwah hah hah yeah right!) i would agree.
i have a 16.5" shorty...never gets left @ home on range day.

without using the DSA muzzle device you still have enough US parts to put an original evil FH on there.  mrbonecrusher on falfiles has shortened Stoll devices which would be a nice fit on your carbine. that is assuming the DSA device is a brake & not a hider.  otherwise go with it and you have an extra US part should you like to swap out butts or something.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top