Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 5:06:50 PM EDT
I'm kinda new to the FAL thing, but have a trade possibility for what is described as a

"Springfield Armory 1500-SA-48-MATCH
308 with 3 position lower, low serial number and
israeli heavy barrel.  A closet queen with less than
100 rounds down, bright shiny bore, 99-100% condition"

I'm pretty interested in the weapon, but want to be sure my trade offerings are on par with the guns value. I remember seeing the SAR-48's going for like $1600-$1800 last year, but not sure if values are down now that people will be able to add bayo lugs and folders or whatever with the 94 sunset just around the corner. I know this is a pre 89 gun if that helps any. Any help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The markings you describe don't tell you anything.  Look at the other side of the gun.  It will either say SAR48 or SAR4800.  If its a 4800, its a post ban.  No, not a post 94 ban, but a post 89 ban and its likely been put into a non-sporting configuration witout the appropriate number of US made parts.  Furthermore, the Izzy upper should also have an authentic Izzy lower.  Does it have Hebrew markings on the lower?  If not, its a total mutt and its worth $500 to $700.  If its a full Izzy SAR48, its $1500 to $1700.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have the serial # e-mail it to SA and they will tell U how it left the factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top