Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 5:16:32 PM EDT
I'm thinking about it. Let's see, 30lbs of climbing stand, cold weather clothing, artic gloves, insulated boots, binoculars, others misc stuff, then 13lbs of rifle. Any of ya'll try it?

rk
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My Father deer hunts with a DSA FAL Carbine with a 3X9 Trijicon scope. He loves it for deer hunting...so much that he no longer uses a HK91. I use the HK91. We hunt in Wisconsin and we do not hunt from trees...we have a few 15' tripod stands and ground stands.
But a FAL for deer hunting is a great rifle!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:10:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I've done it.  Its actually a good thing to do.  You learn a lot about your equipment like this.  I carried my lightweight carbine and topped it with a 2.5X Leupold.  Total weight is well under 10 pounds.  Find a good sling if you plan on a good amount of walking.  Assault slings work quite well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I also hunt with a DSA carbine in Wisconsin, and love it, except for one thing...the plastic metal furniture gets mighty cold on the hands!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have hunted a lot with my original FN. I bought mine back before DSA or all the parts were imported. I really love my FN, but that military trigger made it tough to hit anything during the excitment of a hunt. I missed several deer before I got  a trigger job. I finally dropped a nice little 2 point mule deer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top