Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 2:08:36 PM EDT
Might be picking one up for a good price, want to make sure I am getting what is advertised.
Barrel length?
Type of flash hider?
Reciever markings?
Special markings anywhere else?
Any pictures of a factory Springfield Para would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
There were two different versions imported.  One was a 17.5" barrel and the other was a 21".  They all had type 3 uppers and lowers.  They had the Belgium style combo devise.  The genuine article will have a lower marked S and F and will not have a notch for full auto.  It will also have a safety that wouldn't allow it to rotate around anyway.  

There are a lot of these floating around that were built on SAR48 and SAR4800 receivers.  Don't get fooled by a 4800.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet, thanks for the info.
It is a shooter, has a 21" barrel, with no auto notch, semi selector, marked Imbel Itajuba Basil, type 3, marked sar-48, belguim style flash hider, and match 308.
I originaly thought it was a springfield with a para kit, which is still fine for the price.
From what I can gather it is as was shipped from the factory + a few hundred/thousand rounds down range. The rifling is crisp, so I'm guessing no more than 2 thousand rounds.
The same place has an FN/FAL from Belgium(shooter), $3500.00, about $1000.00 too high I think.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sweet, thanks for the info.
It is a shooter, has a 21" barrel, with no auto notch, semi selector, marked Imbel Itajuba Basil, type 3, marked sar-48, belguim style flash hider, and match 308.
I originaly thought it was a springfield with a para kit, which is still fine for the price.
From what I can gather it is as was shipped from the factory + a few hundred/thousand rounds down range. The rifling is crisp, so I'm guessing no more than 2 thousand rounds.
The same place has an FN/FAL from Belgium(shooter), $3500.00, about $1000.00 too high I think.

That's WAY too high.  $2000 is top end for that rifle.  The 21" is quite rare, but that doesn't really mean anything in terms of price.  In fact, from a shooter's perspective, its less desireable than the shorter model.  

You know you can also call Springfield with the serial number and they will give you the details on it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
The price was for the imported Belgium.$3500
The sar-48 I will try to get for $1500.
I have sent Springfield an e-mail, I'm patiently waiting.
I like the 21, makes me wander how match the "match 308" is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top