Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 8:09:47 AM EDT
OK.  I know I'm lazy.  This has probably been covered in detail on falfiles.com.  I will be darned if  I can find what I want though.  Which is simple.  I have a DSA reciever and an STG58 kit I want to build.  I need the compliance parts and prefer the ones MARKED as made in the USA (FSE?).  

I also think I need a different muzzle break/flash hider.  Not for the 1994 ban which will be done before I finish this job, but for a better shooting rifle and it equals one of the 7 parts I need.  So:

Where can I order FSE or equivelent parts?
Which muzzle device should I get and where?

I hope to order TODAY if I can find this stuff.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Try TAPCO although as of late I have been noticing them carrying fewer and fewer FSE parts for the FAL.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I tried tapco and no go.   But I found another source (I think if in stock).  I'm thinking of installing a DSA US made parastock to the build.  That should count as one US part.  The DSA reciever counts as  one part.  The sear/trigger/hammer count as 3 more.  That leaves a cocking handle and muzzle break to meet 922.

Gonna order tomorrow AM.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
if you're getting the para kit from DSA it will be
1 carrier
2 lower
3 stock
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
email this guy:  [email protected]  He's a smith that hangs out at the falfiles.  I've bought four different FSE h/t/s sets from him and usually its the best price.  i dont know if he has any in stock but its definitely worth a try.  I've also sent 3 barrels to him for shortening/ muzzle thingy installation.  He does good work.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys,

BIG question now.  I just spent time on DSAs webpage and on the phone with them.

I "think" that if one waits intil Sept 15  (end of ban) one could take my STG kit and DSA reciever, and add the paratrooper folding stock (3 US parts count), reciever (1 part), hammer-trigger-sear (3 parts) and be good to go.  Oroginal flash hider, folding stock, most excellent.

Anyone think I've  lost the plot or what?  Really like to hear some opinions on this before I drop some serious dosh for the para stock.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
FSE has stopped production on the "regular" HTS sets (marked "M3", ~$50/set) and very few dealers have any more left. FSE is developing a newer (two stage?) HTS set, said to be ~$75.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
if you can't find someone with FSE HTS for sale you can pay a bit more & get em from DSA.
...another big plug for Moses ([email protected]). i've bought stuf from him at good prices. in fact he has some of my parts right now doing a trigger job on an HTS bound for my SA58!
(hoping i get em tomorrow so i can wring em out at The Pit monday![c'mon, Johnny!!] )
get his LS rod while you're at it if you're building yourself.
OR
go with  US made  PG, CH & piston. (in addition to the para-keet & receiver that'd be 7)
those 3 cost a bit more cumulatively than an HTS set but not much and if the CH and/or PG from your kit is chewed then it's viable.  any austrian piston will probably be in fine shape.
the STG FH is kinda long. are you leaving the barrel of cropping it?
if you're cutting it down you might look at a Belgian combo device or ???? lotsa aftermarket stuff out there.
IMO the shortened STG units i've seen look the business but i don't know if they still FH.
somethin to chew on....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#8]
jimmybcool:

Your choice of U.S. made Para set, receiver, and fire control set will remove seven imported parts from a complete rifle. The result is a rifle with ten imported parts, and in compliance.

Harlan
FAC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top