Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2004 5:51:04 AM EDT
I'm thinking of getting one of these for my DSA SA58 Carbine.  Anyone else using one of these?  I already have the extreme duty DSA mount.  Any suggestion on rings?  Which reticle do you like?  This scope is cal'd for 168gr rounds.  How much difference will there be using Aussie 144gr?  I also can't find the homepage for IOR Valdada.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been thinking about getting the M2 with the CQB reticle.  

Link IOR - Valdada Optics
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The only problem I see with them is the price.. I meen damn!! These things are made in Romania.. You can buy whole guns for less than the scopes...
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you post this over of FALFILES? I replied to a this same question over there.  

Short version: at $325 or so, the M1 is a great piece of glass.  I have the .223 version, and like it so much, I ordered the .308 version for my FAL.  I think you'll be quite happy with this scope on your rifle.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have been thinking about getting the M2 with the CQB reticle.  

Link IOR - Valdada Optics

Did it work out? I have an M1A I'm looking to glass up. I like the idea of a mid-range tactical scope.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did it work out?

I didn't get it.  Still on my list.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The only problem I see with them is the price.. I meen damn!! These things are made in Romania.. You can buy whole guns for less than the scopes...

When you consider that their nearest competition is Leupold scopes costing three times the money, the IOR's price seems like a bargain.

As for rings, use Leupold low QD rings and you are good to go.  Make sure the throw levers are on the shooter's left.

With respect to the calibration of the scope for 168gn bullets and the trajectory of 144-150 gn bullets, you will find that you will have to hold over a bit .  The hold-over point for a FAL with a full length barrel is when the target is in excess of 600 yds.  For the carbine, the point would be at a somewhat shorter distance, due to the carbine's lower muzzle velocity.  Someone at FalFiles might be able to give you the exact figure.  

They also feature Zeiss optics.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#8]
here is another source, these guys at one time offered the M2 version.
http://www.cactustactical.com/valdada/4x24m1tact.html
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I am an 07 manufacturer in NC I have been using I.O.R scopes for 5 years and can honestly say they are outstanding in both quality and durability. The only other "Glass" I use is the acog line. the internal glass is "Schott" glass which is the same as is used in all of the high quality german scopes . One test I use to illistrate there toughness at gun shows is to allow my customers to look through a Leapould M3 2.5 x 10 side focusLR tactical and an IOR "Super M2" 6x 30mm tube tactical and they usually agree the clarity is as good or better on the IOR ,then I take the IOR and pound it on the table a couple of times i have done this hard enough to bend sun shields. Then if they happen to have a scope handy that they think is better I ask if they will allow me to do it to there`s the answer is always NO! then they look through the IOR again and it is still perfect.
in all the years so far no failures to track hold zero or otherwise give any problems.  

Red
X RINGPRECISION RIFLES
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top