Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 10:51:19 AM EDT
I know just about -0- about FN.I have seen them at gun shows and I want one.Is a CETME the same? Please fill me in about these guns or show me where to go.If not I will build another AR. I do not want to spend alot of money on my first one.Thank you Is there any 308 you would recomend that would be cheaper or better?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know just about -0- about FN.I have seen them at gun shows and I want one.Is a CETME the same?

No.

Please fill me in about these guns or show me where to go.

www.falfiles.com

If not I will build another AR. I do not want to spend alot of money on my first one.
If you build another AR, you will only have another AR. If you build a FAL, you will have a FAL!!!

Thank you Is there any 308 you would recomend that would be cheaper or better?  

IMHO, no. You need a FAL.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You wanna build one or buy one?  If you're looking to buy one, don't get a Centruy.  Lurk at the FALfiles until you find a decent one.  Buying one built in a garage with good quality parts is usually than the crap Centruy makes and that goes for their CETMEs too.  For one in good mechanical condition but maybe a worn finish, expect to pay around $600.  You may be lucky and find one for less.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
For $600 you can either have a brand new STG58 from Entreprise www.entreprise.com or a rifle or carbine from Ohio Rapid Fire www.ohiorapidfire.com.  The Entreprise has a lifetime warranty, the ORF a one year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#4]
DONT BUY A FAL!!  DO NOT BUILD A FAL!!

unless you are willing to neglect the rest of your guns and trade all of your other ammo for 308, and have dreams of filling your safe with nothing but FAL's........

STAY AWAY FROM FAL's!!

A FAL ADDICTION IS MUCH WORSE THAN AN AR ADDICTION!!

youve been warned.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish someone like davidp14 would have warn me about FALs before I got one.[>Q]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top