Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 8:37:26 AM EDT
Do any of you guys have opinions on DSA's Austrian STG-58's? They're about all I can afford, and I want to get one with a new barrel, do you think the new barrel is worth the extra 125 dollar fee? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
They are really at the top of the heap for the FAL.  With the exception of the lightweight lower, I actually like them better than the SA58.  I wouldn't bother with replacing the barrel.  The Steyr barrels are generally in VERY good shape and are great quality.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a DSA STG-58 last spring. No need to spend the extra money for the new barrel - the Steyr barrels are practically new anyway. Mine has been great so far.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Another   satisfied user here. Go for it  and get one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Might as well start out right, and save a little money in the long run.

Did you just use the term "save a little money" when discussing the FAL?  I'm not positive, but I think this may be the first use of this phrase in connection to a FAL.  They are money pits.  Very fun, loud and versitle money pits.  You may as well accept this fact now.  The ascimilation process is less painful that way.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
JUST DO IT!!!
AB
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an extra if there is such a thing. Been practically begging for someone to make a respectable offer in trade for a AR rifle. Maybe you have an "extra" AR rifle? The only thing I wish I would have done is had it cut and crown to 18". But thats opening up to a whole lot of opinions. Really depends on what you're specific needs/wants are. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top