Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2003 7:19:45 AM EDT
Hey guys, what would to you be the most wanted FAL items? auto sears? bayonets? Original Flash hiders? Plastic handguards?.

Just wondering.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I just want to get my rifle and see how it does, before I start accessorizing it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure I understand the question.  The most wanted part is the one I need at the moment.  Are you talking about what part or parts would be in the most demand if we could import them cheaply?  You can never go wrong with para kits, barrels and handguards.  A lot of the handguards we get here are pretty banged up, especially the non-bipod cut ones.  Barrels are available but finding a supply of new or near new ones in the $75 to $100 range would sell well.  DSA already sells STG barrels for $100 which are barely used.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
auto sears?   YES! i would like one of those! (a WORKING one of course)
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Tapco sells auto sears on Ebay for like a dollar a piece.  They do no good unless you are willing to mill out the receiver to accept them. They are just paperweights.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about what part or parts would be in the most demand if we could import them cheaply?

Yes that's exactly what i'm talking about.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about what part or parts would be in the most demand if we could import them cheaply?

Yes that's exactly what i'm talking about.

HUNTER.

REAL FN uppers
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Its actually hard to predict what will really go fast.  The market is changing so fast.  Personally, I'd like a good source on new non-bipod cut handguards, but that is a part that is commonly replaced with US stuff to comply with the 89/90 ban.  Still though, based on the condition of the handguards of the most recently available kits, there may be some interest.

Original STANAG scope mount top covers would sell like hot-cakes.  You would have no competition.

New or like new Imbel barrels would be great and most likely sell if priced right.  By right, I mean 10% or so less than whatever DSA is selling.  Oh wait... you're in Argentina aren't you?  A lot of those barrels are already here and selling cheap.  The closed ear version may be good to import.

Small parts would also be good.  Its getting harder and harder to find bolt hold opens the are not beat to crap and loose.  Prices are also rising on them.  Send a pile of those, new in wrap and sell them for $15 and you'd do well.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to see an ambi-safety if possible.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You would have to drill a hole through the opposite end of the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey guys, what would to you be the most wanted FAL items? auto sears? bayonets? Original Flash hiders? Plastic handguards?.

Just wondering.

HUNTER.

I would be wondering what the laws are in Argentina regarding the private ownership of firearms, including FAL's. If the government of Argentina has decided that it's citizens are not trustworthy enough to be armed and must rely on god only knows what type of government is down there then I want nothing from your country. If the exact is true, then export away. What exactly are the gun laws in Argentina?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wondering.

HUNTER.

I would be wondering what the laws are in Argentina regarding the private ownership of firearms, including FAL's. If the government of Argentina has decided that it's citizens are not trustworthy enough to be armed and must rely on god only knows what type of government is down there then I want nothing from your country. If the exact is true, then export away. What exactly are the gun laws in Argentina?

Sorry, meant to say "if the exact opposite were true." You get the point.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
AMMO
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure Hunter can tell us the specifics of gun laws in Argentina, but based on the video I saw of Hunter blazing away with his FAL, they can't be all bad.  Besides that, I know Argentina is a hunter's heaven.  I'm pretty sure Argentina is as free as you're going to find in South America, and probably a lot more free than most of Europe.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice (New) wood stock sets.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm sure Hunter can tell us the specifics of gun laws in Argentina, but based on the video I saw of Hunter blazing away with his FAL, they can't be all bad.  Besides that, I know Argentina is a hunter's heaven.  I'm pretty sure Argentina is as free as you're going to find in South America, and probably a lot more free than most of Europe.

Cool, in that case
NEW MIL-SPEC FINISH PARTS KITS!!!
Bolt hold opens
Bolts/carriers
Locking shoulders
gas nuts
springs
barrels
mags
ammo
slings
receivers
fc groups
I'll take it all
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wondering.

HUNTER.

Haha, man down here it's as free as up there, we dont have pre or post ban laws, if you have enough bucks to get a gun, you can do whatever the heck you want toit, you can mount flashhiders, parastocks,bayonets, LEGALLY...Semi auto rifles, full auto rifles, and pistols like glocks18 HKs VP70M, can be privately owned, bottom line, all you need to have, WHATEVER you want, is money.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:08:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wondering.

HUNTER.

Haha, man down here it's as free as up there, we dont have pre or post ban laws, if you have enough bucks to get a gun, you can do whatever the heck you want toit, you can mount flashhiders, parastocks,bayonets, LEGALLY...Semi auto rifles, full auto rifles, and pistols like glocks18 HKs VP70M, can be privately owned, bottom line, all you need to have, WHATEVER you want, is money.

HUNTER.

Free as up here? Sounds way more free down there than it is up here!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wondering.

HUNTER.

HUNTER.

Actually, in some aspects, it is.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wondering.

HUNTER.

HUNTER.

Actually, in some aspects, it is.

HUNTER.

I think that is great for Argentina. I have been to Venezuela, it was beautiful. You are putting the idea in my head to visit!! I have to admit as a red blooded yank that I get a little dismayed seeing frrer countries than America. I dunno, maybe that's good old American ignorance at work or maybe it is just a reality check. Either way, hopefully that ridiculous ban will expire and we can get those para kits built!!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Tapco sells auto sears on Ebay for like a dollar a piece.  They do no good unless you are willing to mill out the receiver to accept them. They are just paperweights.

actually, i have an auto sear, i meant i want a working one, as in i want a FULL AUTO FAL.

what i would REALLY to see like though, is a lot more para kits come into the US.  that would lower the price of them and keep the parts around for a while.

id also like to see a good supply of fal kits like maybe some from.....  ARGENTINA?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually, i have an auto sear, i meant i want a working one, as in i want a FULL AUTO FAL.

what i would REALLY to see like though, is a lot more para kits come into the US.  that would lower the price of them and keep the parts around for a while.

id also like to see a good supply of fal kits like maybe some from.....  ARGENTINA?

Yeah, that could work just fine, given than argie FALs are top notch quality, Barrels (both light and heavy) are chrome linned bore and chamber and they are made using a process called cold hammered which makes them very good quality, as far as receivers, the finish on them is very durable as well for they are parkerized and painted with a hard mate paint on top of the park, very corrosion resistant.
Handguards are plastic, with bipod cuts.
Now i dont know about american laws but, but i bet there's gotta be something it can be done so these parts can be imported, i would look into it, just wouldn't know where to start. An american dealer would also be a good thing.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Oooohhhh.   You've got heavy barrel variants?  Now that is the kit or parts you need to send this way.  If you're serious about this, you should talk to one of the companies who are already importing stuff.  Dan's is a great place, although he is in the middle of a bunch of crap right not.  Rav at www.twdsales.com is another one.  He imported a bunch of South African kits a few years ago and is currently importing Imbel parts from Brazil.  You can also talk to the guys at DSA.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#23]
hunter,
just curious. how much would a full auto FAL, or any other FA guns you may know prices of, be in argentina?
id imagine since there is no ban on MG's there it wouldnt be too bad (comparativly speaking, of course)

thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would have to drill a hole through the opposite end of the receiver.

Really?  I thought the safety went all the way through the receiver but didn't have a lever on the right side of the gun.

FAL PIC
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:37:03 AM EDT
[#25]
the selector side has a notch over the hole.  thats what you'd have to dremel out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
the selector side has a notch over the hole.  thats what you'd have to dremel out.

OK, that makes more sense.  I thought we were talking about the main bar of the safety.  Thanks for clarifying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top