Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 2:50:55 PM EDT
Hey guys, My DSA STG58A is on its way, and just wondering what you guys use for lube for your FAL? Grease or Oil, I have some Militec-1 and think I may need some type of grease, what do you guys suggest?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  I just built my first FAL, and am anxiously awaiting the day when I christen it.  

This may or may not be of much use, but my FAL manual just mentions to oil:

-inside of slide
-bolt
-receiver bottom surface and slide groove
-bolt catch

Since nothing specific is mentioned, I use what I use for my other guns, which is any decent gun lube.  I've been using MPro 7 gun oil lately, although I use CLP from time to time.  The DSA web site may have suggestions, but I have been unable to find cleaning info there.

I think you'll be okay with any good gun lube.  Others may step in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Enjoy that FAL!  A friend of mine has a DSA.  It is a very nice rifle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Grease everything that is a bearing surface.  Leave the gas rod dry, or it will collect fouling. If you only plan on shooting a few hundred rounds at a time, use a light grease to ease cleaning.  

As for Oil, it will work but the receiver rails/bolt/carrier will wear faster.  The rifle was design to use grease, just like the M-14.

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Dano, I'm glad you corrected me on that.  Is there a recommended grease to use?  Any gun grease that is particularly better over the others?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a Tiger Stripe DSA SA58 Carbine.  I'm going to use Tetra or TW25 on mine.  And wipe down the exterior with CLP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top