Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 8:06:36 PM EDT
Ordered my TAPCO FAL Compliance Kit last wednesday.

Just got it yesterday (10-17). Boy is this thing sweet. The bore is nearly mint, the lands are sharp and uniform all the way down the barrel.

I wiped down the sucker as well as I can and disassembled the lower. The lower came apart with absolutely no problems. Wiped down and cleaned all the parts in the lower to get the gooey cosmoline off.

I decided to get a little bit of my job done and replaced the handguards with a set of brand new Century ones. Took a little wigglin to get in, but they are solid and comfortable. The SAW buttstock is real cool looking in my opinion, and the SAW pistol grip feels 200% better ergo-wise than the standard Imbel grip. The gas pistol is in near mint contion with only minor scratches on one side.

The only problem parts were the US manufacture T/H/S from Century. They are forged (which is a must in my opinion), but they are slightly out of spec. I am going to have to trim the sear so it fits in the trigger properly, but if that's the extent of my troubles, I'm doing well.

So, so far so good. I am going to have to put my reciever buy off for another paycheck, my Texaco bill screams to be fed, (don't you just hate responsibility?)

So I highly recommend the FAL kit from TAPCO. They seem to have a few real good kits right now.

One more note; This FAL has seen some days. An interesting quirk is the carving of the name "Karlo" in the side of it. I can only guess, but my assumptoin is this is a previous owner/operator of the rifle.

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the club man, have fun, shoot safe.

HUNTER.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top