Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 5:55:47 PM EDT
    I have to say I know very little yet about FAL's. So please help if you can. I have a rifle with a fixed wood stock and wood fore end, heavy bipod, and large(?)sights. The only markings on it are XFAL,B2(orZ)103XX on the upper portion of the gun, and 3387 and C3A down and rearward of the first markings. I would appreciate any information on this gun. Thank you very much.

Here's a picture:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p592647fe57a24c61d0c3028f6045cdb5/fb12becb.jpg

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can tell you is that it is an Israeli Heavy Barrel.  It is very strange that there are no other markings on this rifle.  I would be a bit cautious about it.  There were a number of sear cut rifles that somehow crossed the border from Canada a number of years ago and those are technically machine guns.  Based on the lack of import marks, it would make me nervous.  

Do you know how to see if it is sear cut?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
well whether you can keep it or not... it looks real nice anyway.  i love isreali h'bars.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
This should be an Imbel Type 3 receiver. Quite a number of people imported Imbels. At least two that I know of used the name "XFAL". Hesse and Pars International. Your ser# is a Pars. These were imported in 1997. I have a few in the BZ103xx sequence.  Has this receiver been refinished or heavily painted? This can remove/obscure markings.

Ser# should be on RH side of magwell flange.

On RH aft end should be---"Receiver made by IMBEL-Brazil"
"Pars International Corp,Louisville,KY"

On LH aft side should be "XFAL 7.62X51 C3A"

The last phone # I had for Pars was 502-363-0000. Give them a call and see if the receiver is theirs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top