Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 8:17:39 AM EDT
I've heard some people talking about a ban that going to subside soon. What ban are they talking about? I'm guessing it has to do with the part count, but not sure. Thanks for any help. Jesse~
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be the Assault Weapon Ban (AWB).  If new legislation is not passed the ban with sunset in Sept 2004.  The ban focuses on the number of evil features on semi-automatic weapons.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That is correct.  It has nothing to do with the import ban which means we will still have to replace 6 or 7 imported parts with US ones, but does mean we can have flash hiders and folding stocks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
ok thanks for the info guys
Jesse~
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
OK guys. I'll ask it.  (My Ohio Rapid Fire FAL will be here next week. )

There's about a year left, so it's close.  Who thinks that the ban will sunset? Who thinks that it'll be redone with all kinds of other restrictions? I'd like to know what someone more.... politically knowledgeable... thinks.

Patrick
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I think all bets are off.  The Dems have finally figured out that gun control is not a winning issue, especially in a national election.  The media however will try to make them (and the rest of the population) think otherwise.  It will get ugly and shrill.  In the end, I think it will die on the vine with people like Pelosi, Boxer and Feinstein will scream bloody murder.  

This is not to say it wont ever come back.  The first time a Dem gets into the oval office, it will be high on the agenda of the gun grabbers.  Even though Bush is squishy on the AW issue, at least he wont be on the forfront calling for it.  When they finally do get around to passing another one, look for it to be much more restrictive than this one.

The moral of this story?  Stock up NOW!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top