Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2003 8:57:28 AM EDT
guys whats the best place to buy fal mags?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Tapco has some good deals...
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tapco has some good deals...

As in their 10 NIW mags for $100.

Check their forum in the Industry section.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered Aluminum mags from TAPCO . $3.29 apiece for GREAT used  metric mags .
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought another 20 of the aluminum Para mags two weeks ago for the $3.29 price. My buddy received his $3.29 mags earlier this week. They are great mags, and the price was just too good to pass up. I now actually have more FAL magazines than I do AR mags. Though, I'm not lacking for either....

Keep attuned to Tapco's website: they will often offer good deals on FAL mags.

Sorry you missed this one.

paddle3
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#7]
cool thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I got in on that $3 mag deal that Tapco had... the mags are pretty worn, but they functioned well.  They seem to be a bit different than the ones that come in the NIW 10 pack.  The new ones I bought are heavier and have a slightly different follower.  Anyone know what the difference is?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.fdnylodd.com/BloodofHeroes.html
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Guys if you all want those alloy FAL mags. Call me and I can honor the price of $3.29 for 10 or more.

Tony Collins
(800) 250 3757 ext 109
www.TAPCO.com
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey cool Tony, thanks...  BTW, why did you guys pull your sponsorship of the FALFiles?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Guys if you all want those alloy FAL mags. Call me and I can honor the price of $3.29 for 10 or more.

Tony Collins
(800) 250 3757 ext 109
www.TAPCO.com

Edited to add:  Called Tuesday, 09/16 and got 20 at the $3.29 price.  Thanks Tony
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#13]
P806,
Hope you like the mags!!

As far as the FAL Files go, it was a business decision between us and them.

Tony Collins
(800) 250 3757
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#14]
tony are the mags at the 3.29 price still serviceable?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Deal is still valid. Don't wait!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks tony
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]
sweet
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Tony, but I'll spend a little more and do business with a company that doesn't forget where it's bread was buttered.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
You are welcome Hiram, too bad you feel that way though.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]
heh, so hiram are you saying the falfiles made tapco?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Made, lol, no... but its members probably provided a good deal of the market for their kits, mags, parts and their new SAW stock, grip and handguards.  But hey, this is corporate America and if Tapco wants to throw in with Guns.net, that's their right.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, is that what they did? They are now guns.net sponsors?

The only thing that would concern me with the falfiles if I was sponsoring them is that yes the guns.net buy out fell through and the next deal  just might be around the corner. I'd not want to be holding the bucket for some new owner that might just be my competition. So, to some extent I can understand how they *might* feel.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Bullet, I think you need to get the facts straight...  the buyout didn't fall through, Jen said she wasn't willing to sell to a company that attempted to blackmail her into selling out.  Apparently they had some trouble with a group buy and the FALFiles accumulated a large debt, which they are buying their way out of.  The so called buyout would have erased that debt, it would have been the easy thing to do.  Jen said no and from what I read, Gunsnet then approached her sponsors telling them she would be gone in short order and that they would be the only show in town, so they should jump on board.

Anyway, that is what I have read.  The truth may be that, or some derivation, there are indeed always two sides to a story.  But if I'm choosing sides, I'm backing Jen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#25]
The buyout didn't fall through? I dunno what else you could call it but, when people are negotiating on the sale of something and it doesn't work out that's called 'falling through'. You know the deal  *fell through*. Oh by the way, I was personally involved with the kits, my buddy paid for 3 kits, 2 for him, and 1 for me. He lost most of his money and hasn't seen another cent in well over a year. He got back $300 so far and is still out over $500. Jen claims that 2/3's of that debt is paid back, then why is my friend still more then 2/3's in the hole?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I consider falling through when the buyer can't come up with the price, that wasn't the case.  Jen decided she didn't want to sell.  She didn't go out there looking to sell, someone tried to buy her out and when that didn't work it appears someone tried to strong-ar, her out.  That didn't work.

On a positive note it appears as a result of this nonsense contributions are at an all time high.  I'm guessing group buy participants will likely start seeing more money soon.  You know, she could have declared bankruptcy and left you high and dry.  She is doing the honorable thing and paying back.. Good for her.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Show me the money, I'd love to see a full refund on the kit money. Unfortunately, that's not been the case. Nor has 2/3's of what was given to her been returned either. When are these funds coming Hiram, you seen to be in the know please do tell. How much ranting and raving do you have to do to get your funds back? I've lost track of the time with this thing I think it's going on 3 years now, when is it going to end?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:55:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Look pal, I'm not "in the know."  I took the time to read what was posted on FalFiles, maybe you should to.  I'm sorry you are out money, I hope you see every penny back.  I'd be pissed if I was in your shoes.  I don't know what to say to make you feel better other than I hope you get everything you have coming to you.  In the meanwhile be grateful that gunnutz.com didn't take over the FalFiles as it would wither and die just like everything else they touch.

Once again, I hope you see every penny you are owed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok Buddy! I have no idea who guns.net is nor do I care. Anyone that wants to start up message forums is more then welcome to. If they choose to solicit sponsors or advertisers who cares. Lots try and most don't make it. It's all about the members you should know that by now, not the sponsors, not the actually board itself, it's the *members*!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Actually members provide the content... if you have a bunch of hosers the board will suck, no matter how good the financial backing.  At the same time the sponsors provide most of the revenue that keeps the bandwidth flowing.  Trust me here, Goatboy broke it down for me around a year ago when I was berating people to become Team members.  Yes, they provide revenue, but nearly enough to keep something like this place running.

Prior to the whole Tapco Turncoat Tragedy Jen had approximately 200 contrubuting members at FalFiles... that number is now above 600 solely as a protest over the actions Tapco took and the attempt by gunsnet to force her to sell or run her board into the ground.

I happen to be confident that you will receiver what you have coming to you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes members provide content, what else might they provide? Were you thinking I meant *MONEY*, laugh!

Without content, good content, yes the board would die. Without member provided content none would read the board and no sponsor/advertiser would invest a dime in it. Again, it's all about the *MEMBERS*! Not the sponsors, not the advertisers, not running around telling everyone 'this board is best', not running around telling anyone that will listen that 'the other board is gonna wither and die'.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Get your mags from DSA.  Just ordered 10 used Styer mags for $5.00 each.  They all look great and fit and function great as well.  They threw in 10 niw mag springs incase I didn't like the springs in the mags.  Sweet deal and they go great with both of my STG58's.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#33]
sounds good von, having heard what is going on at fal files, i will be taking my mag order to
dsa myself. i will not buy from tapco again
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Show me the money, I'd love to see a full refund on the kit money. Unfortunately, that's not been the case. Nor has 2/3's of what was given to her been returned either. When are these funds coming Hiram, you seen to be in the know please do tell. How much ranting and raving do you have to do to get your funds back? I've lost track of the time with this thing I think it's going on 3 years now, when is it going to end?

Post your friends name or board name and I'll make a direct donation to go to him from me. It won't be the full amount owed, but will be something. Anything to help out Jen and the Files and most of all to show that Tapco are nothing but RAT BASTARDS

I wouldn't buy shit from them pricks, hope you guys don't either. How would you like someone if they put some muscle on the AR15 owners to sell or they would be put under? Tapco made a decision to leave, I made a decision not spend any money with them ever again. Hope you guys do the same.
Remember to post his name and funds will go to him.
Edited to add the Falfiles list of refund participants total 15 which is is?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Marko is his first name, give me the url to the list and I'll have a look.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Marko is his first name, give me the url to the list and I'll have a look.

The url is
www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=610
I don't see a Marko but maybe it's not his board name too?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#37]
That's it, I just found his post asking for his money back, under Marko...

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=610&perpage=30&highlight=refund&pagenumber=8
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
That's it, I just found his post asking for his money back, under Marko...

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=610&perpage=30&highlight=refund&pagenumber=8

In the first thread he is not listed as a participant. There is a list of 15 that have not been fully paid and below is a list that have been paid. He is not listed in either. Maybe this is why he is not getting any monies refunded? He should contact "Blag" and get on the list. Unless there are other "issues" as to why he's not listed. That I cannot answer to. I'm following this thread so please keep us informed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#39]
He posted asking about the money back in 2001, what else would he have to do? Besides, he didn't buy those kits via the falfiles with jen, we both know her from another source so, he wasn't paying much attention to the site regarding the refunds until that post. She gave him back about $270 so far and hasn't seen a dime since. Blag responded to him in that thread, I dunno what else he needs to do to get his money back.

edited to add..

I think we've hijacked this thread enough, you said you would send him some bucks, you got his name he's owed nearly $600, verify it with jen or whomever you need to and just send the cash. The guy has recently lost his job again, just this month and could use the bucks. Thanks in advance..
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Hawk, that is an amazing gesture on your part...  and I believe what bullet meant by, "and just send the money" is thank you for involving yourself in straightening out this unfortunate situation and for your selfless offer to pay off a debt that isn't even your's...  Yes, I'm pretty sure that is what he meant.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#41]
i am amazed that tapco just screwed themselves out of hundreds if not thousands of customers.
i will not buy from tapco again.
stay strong JEN!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Try www.oldgunsupply.com/Magazines.php, prices look good for both aluminum & Steyer & non-Steyer mags.

Anybody have a phone number or email for loadbearer.com??  Their prices look good, but the shipping seems way out of line for multiple aluminum mags.

Thanks

-hanko
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#43]
THANKS GOOD INFO
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I really hate this discussion.  I honestly don't think either party is completely without blame.  Buddie did have some legitamate problems and if any of you have dealt with Jen, you know she isn't always very accessable.

I'll still buy from Tapco, because aside from the FALfiles, they have been very supportive of our hobby.  They are really an innovator and without them, we would not have a lot of the choices we currently do.

Now, on the refund issue.  If your friend is not listed in this topic, he needs to get with Blag and he needs to do it soon.  There is currently a fund raising raffle that might actually retire the balance of this debt.  If that happens without your friend being on the list, he could loose out.

The raffle is a great idea.  If you want to donate $100 to the cause, you get silver contributor status and 5 entries into the raffle.  I would encourage everybody to get involved with this.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I was go to stay ouy of this squabble but after reading all the poston the Files and Gnet, Buddie lost me as a customer! Soon I hope to send a donation here. This site and the Fal Files are the only site that i will support.
Mags can be bought from Dans and he needs the help after BatFinks stole his kits and Century screwed Dan over.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#46]
good to have you aboad daugherty, dan could use the support
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#47]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#48]
If I could, I would like just a few minutes of your time…

TAPCO was sponsor at Gunsnet for nearly three years (same as AR15.com) before any of this stuff with the FAL Files came up. There has been nothing new to happen other than the Gunsnet opened an FAL Forum and we have a forum there. Yes we promoted it, but that is no different than when we promote AR15.com.

This is the Internet; nobody owns the members, nobody owns the sponsors.
We simply advertise where we are treated like the customer and get good results.

If a group of people came to us and said that they hate you, that doesn’t mean that we will hate you just because everyone in the crowd says we should. We will give you an honest chance and treat you with the respect that you deserve.

TAPCO was never involved with a deal between Gunsnet and the FAL Files. Being that I don’t know any of the dealings or conversations between the two, I elected to stay out of their business and not even comment.
I do know that what they did, or do, has nothing to do with our business decisions.

This whole thing with TAPCO and the FAL Files has been blown way out of proportion. We don’t like it any more than the rest of you. It has turned into war of boards and a lot of entertainment for many. There are so many good people on all of these boards. I am troubled that some people have turned a simple business decision between two companies into a civil war. The way I see it, the only people that will gain from all of this is the Anti-Second Amendment crowd. Divide and conquer comes to mind.

Thank you for your time, we wish you and yours the absolute best.

Sincerely,
Bud

(edited for grammer)
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Well said Buddie. I had no idea that you were already a sponsor at gunsnet for 3 years. With all the nonsense that's been going on about you leaving falfiles they made it seem like you abandoned them for a new honey. Obviously that's not the case in the least bit. I've made many purchases from you and will continue to do so (2 cases of those niw fal mags). As a businessman you are trying to do what is right for your company to keep it alive and prospering by choosing the appropriate place to advertise, I see that as a sound business decision. There are far too many people on the internet that get great satisfaction at flaming these fires, I think you've done your best at putting them out with the above post. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Still doesn't change anything for me and a lot of other people. As far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with gunsnet. Previous I had never heard of gunsnet and still have not gone to their site. I have enough resources now and no reason to get their input.
As far as being a customer of Tapco, now or in the future, no way! My money will go to other more worthy companies. My choice, my right. You had a choice to stay at FalFiles or leave, you left. I think more agree with me than you think.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top