Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2003 12:18:26 PM EDT
That's me burning up some WAY OLD corrosive ammo (made in '57).  They were so old, two of them didn't go bang.  Oh well, i still had some FREE fun

www.aforkinthetoad.com/leo-fal.mpg

HUNTER.

Edited to say the gun didnt FAIL not FTF no FTE
it was O L D ammo.
And reedited to thank ProfessorEvil for hosting.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
hey neat video,
what kind of fal are you using?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
hey neat video,
what kind of fal are you using?

Thanks.  Argentinian FAL.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hehe.  No one was the other side of that river, this is a 250.000 acres land, yes THAT big.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat video.  I do want to point out a minor problem though.  Your carry handle is not folded down.  I know this sounds like I am nit-picking, but do you know why the South African and Rhodesian militaries removed their handles?  Because some poor guy at the range didn't have his folded flush to the side.  He lost an eye when an empty shell casing bounced off the handle and into his face.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
THANKS for taking care of me, no i didn't notice that or knew about the dangers of shooting it with the CH unfolded...i guess being a part of arfcom will be always a good source of education

HUNTER
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hope no one was on the other side of that river

Looked cool when the round you ejected flew right by the camera lens!

... Yup, Argentina is a big country
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, with yours so high up, I doubt there was much, if any danger.  I'm not even totally convienced that this incident was not a complete freak accident which the SA government over-reacted to.  I'm pretty happy with my eyes, so I'm not going to take a chance.  Fold it all the way down of just remove the thing.

If you ever want a real education on real world use of the FAL, do a search by user on the FALfiles and look up posts by Peter Wells.  He's even got his own web site with a complete history of the FAL in SA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Actually, with yours so high up, I doubt there was much, if any danger.  I'm not even totally convienced that this incident was not a complete freak accident which the SA government over-reacted to.  I'm pretty happy with my eyes, so I'm not going to take a chance.  Fold it all the way down of just remove the thing.

If you ever want a real education on real world use of the FAL, do a search by user on the FALfiles and look up posts by Peter Wells.  He's even got his own web site with a complete history of the FAL in SA.

This whole carry handle thing should have been he least of your worries, what would have really sucked is if those 2 rounds you ejected prematurely would have hangfired.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This whole carry handle thing should have been he least of your worries, what would have really sucked is if those 2 rounds you ejected prematurely would have hangfired.

Oh come on! i know that could happen but what are the chances of that happening?  They tought us to clear missfires, jams as fast as we could in our defense rifle course, as well as pistol.  Life dead, training situation, you clear your jam as fast as you can or you are out of the program :).
That said, it handfiring COULD have happened.

HUNTER.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top