Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2003 5:22:27 AM EDT
See my earlier post. I have an L1A1 marked St. Alb. C1 . It shoots and cycles okay,very accurate for the $$. I'm just leery about shooting it since the stories of kit gun receivers blowing up . The numbers on all the old parts of the gun match so I"am pretty sure it is madeout of only one gun but I'am wondering if there is any way to tell what it was to start with , and if it is dangerous or not . I'll be checking here as time permits  . I'd love talking to someone knowing more about this than me . I already know DSA is better , but I'am poor;an Armalite A4 just wiped me out. I botta do what I can with what I got when it comes to my Big Gun . Somebody throw me a bone . Many Thanks !!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
try bighammer.net...
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Brother, I have an early Century L1A1.  The receiver is stamped Made In Canada.  Its a great gun, its never let me down.  So long as the headspace was done properly there should be no problems.  Go forth, blast and enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Century R1A1, It functioned flawlessly but was not that accurate. I recently sold it and built my own Imbel gun. For the money my Century franken FAL was hard to beat. Here's a link that will help you out. www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60277
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top