Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2003 7:22:52 PM EDT
What is the difference in the aluminium reciever in FAC catalog with the rail on top as opposed to the stamped version (aside from the obvious)?

The reason I ask is that the ad says that it won't accomidate the collapsable buttstock.

That doesn't seem like such a big deal, but I want one after the AWB dies, so it is to me.

Any advice? can it be altered?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What you're looking at are G3 receivers, not FAL receivers.

The aluminum ones are problematical, as are the stamped sheet metal receivers if they were made by Hesse.  The only stamped sheet metal G3 receivers that are worth a damn, with the exception of the original German of course, are the Portugese FMP receivers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Dagummit, I guess I should have pulled my head out of my ass and looked at the ad again before posting. I've been looking into building a G3 or FAL, and cannot decide on what will turn out better. I know the difference between FAL and G3 stuff, I just had a brain fart, please forgive. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
i would suggest building a FAL as opposed to a G3. as long as you can find a kit.  the G3 is a very difficult build and many of the kits are barely reworkable.

the fal however is quite doable and i have not heard many folks say they were dissapointed w/ the condition of their kits.  i was actually very surprised at how good mine was.  i was lucky enough to get one of those $99 imbel kits from tapco  this past winter.  i dont thinkl you'll still be able to find a deal like that but there are some good ones left.  
i think gunthings may still have some fair bore imbels left.  www.gunthings.com/

if you do want a FAL, BUY A KIT NOW!

then, check out falfiles.com.
the forums here and at the falfiles and this book:
www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=BK2483&back=yes&dept=150&last=18
have proven to be invaluable in helping me build my FAL.

GOOD LUCK!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top