Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2003 10:44:43 AM EDT
Hello, I am a new FAL owner and I wish to purchase either a BIPOD that clamps to the barrel or the DSA handguard rail system and use a BIPOD that route...

Where is a good place for these parts at good prices:

Metric(?) Bi-Pod (bbl mount) _________
Hand-Guard Rail system (Metric?) _________

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:38:13 AM EDT
[#2]
As William states, your barrel requires a bipod cut to use the FAL bipod.  You could also get an AR adaptor for the Harris bipod, drill a hole in the bottom of the handguards and then use a Harris bipod, as I did.  You could also get a set of fre-float hanguards and attach the harris bipod to the sling swivel, which is my recommendation.  Shooting from a bipod attached directly to the barrel may make your rifle less accurate.  The free-float hg offset that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the info!  I have a DSA SA58 Carbine and I "THINK" it has the recesses in the barrel for the bipod...

I was just curious about the rail system, good point on doing CQB with a POST-BAN.  I still haven't shot the beast yet and I imagine the muzzle blast will be CONSIDERABLE.

I just got a 308 ELCAN (used) for it and mounted this on a TAPCO scope mount cover, hope it works good.  Every thing I read here is advice to go with the ARMS mount instead of TAPCO...  I guess it doesn't make sense to have a NICE rifle and NICE scope on a bargain rail...

I went with a rail from AAC and mounted it under the handguard for a vert grip or other accessory, it is only clamped to the plastic handguard, so I wonder how that will hold up in the long run...
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That said, there are two types of bipods: The mil-issue one that is attachable and removeable using tools, and the quick-detach version, which needs no tools to affix/remove.

I believe that there is also a mil-issue detachable bipod that was developed by FN (and is what DSA copied for their detachachable version). I see them come up for sale every now and then and they seem to go for about 3X what the DSA sells for ($90).

Just an FYI
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:20:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Just get yourself one of them AR bipod mounts that stick through the handgaurd and dremmel a small hole between the handgaurds up toward the front and clamp on your harris bipod, lasts long and works
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top