Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2003 9:06:47 AM EDT
I notice that alot of my mags, including the ones that I got in the wax paper wrap "new" have floorplates that slide when I shoot. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone got a reliable fix?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Bend them.  On the surplus mags I have, the ends of them are pinched down below the level of the mag body.  I assume you could do the same with a hammer and screw driver.  Just pinch it down on either side of the little hole.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bend them.  On the surplus mags I have, the ends of them are pinched down below the level of the mag body.  I assume you could do the same with a hammer and screw driver.  Just pinch it down on either side of the little hole.

I do what cliffy says norm....Just bend them in... I've had some mags where slight finger pressure would slide the floor plate!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes Sir, bend 'em. They are 50 years old. I have had to tap a few of mine tight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, the FAL, choice of retired bootboys everywhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top