Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 7:28:53 PM EDT
I hate to give a range report about a CAI gun after reading the fiasco they caused, but here goes.
Last year I traided a pistol for a used CAI L1A1 spoerter.  The gun is ugly. Worn furniture, and paint chips falling off.  Took it to the range on 7/11/03(Sunset Hill in PA), and it shot well.  No jams, I did not have to adjust the gas system, and the action was smooth.  Reliabilty is my main concern, and the gun ran flawlessly.  I have heard bad reports about these guns, but this one ran great. For about half the price of a new one, it is a good gun.  Great gun to leave in the trunk. BUTT, if I was going to a gun fight, I would take my springfield SAR 4800/ or MIA.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I hate to give a range report about a CAI gun after reading the fiasco they caused, but here goes.
Last year I traided a pistol for a used CAI L1A1 spoerter.  The gun is ugly. Worn furniture, and paint chips falling off.  Took it to the range on 7/11/03(Sunset Hill in PA), and it shot well.  No jams, I did not have to adjust the gas system, and the action was smooth.  Reliabilty is my main concern, and the gun ran flawlessly.  I have heard bad reports about these guns, but this one ran great. For about half the price of a new one, it is a good gun.  Great gun to leave in the trunk. BUTT, if I was going to a gun fight, I would take my springfield SAR 4800/ or MIA.

They work, they just suck. Soon though, it will not work and if I were you I would seriously consider checking the headspacing. No offense but Century is not concerned with you blowing your arm off because of bad headspacing. Proceed with caution the only worse possible FAL option is a Hesse.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The gun is over 10 years old.  It survived this long.  I will take your advise, and get the gun's headspace checked.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:28:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, is this one of the ones with a thumbhole stock that has a receiver stamped Made In Canada?  I have one of those circa 1989 that has run flawlesly for myself and the previous owner and the headspace checks outs just fine after all these years...  Century turns out some real lemons, but they also turn out the occassional peach...  Mine is certainly a peach, your's sounds like one as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes you find a good one. The earlier inch guns are way better than the current ones or those cetmes and G3's but I have even seen some decent G3's thought about buying one but why? The G3 is how FN made germany sit in the corner to think about what they did. Even if it has small problems in the future, easy to fix. The only Century I own is a SAR that is stripped down right now as I am correcting the sins of Century. It shot ok but I have had it with the trigger slapping me back in the finger. RSA on the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top