Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2003 11:08:08 PM EDT

Does anyone have info on anybody that makes a target trigger for a fn fal stg58?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Right now, no one.

There are several people developing them but there are not any comercially available at this time.

For more info go to the FAL File. www.falfiles.com.

Rusty
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Rusty is correct.  Harold Shinn of FSE has been working on a two stage target trigger for nearly a year now.  He keeps claiming he is almost done and is predicting a price between $100 to $120.

The FAL trigger doesn't lend itself to target grade work.  I'm not a mechanical engineer but I do know a fair amount about what makes a hammer fall and I can't figure out how it could be done.  Whatever Harold is working on, he seems to be hitting snags.

There are ways to improve the pull yourself.  Polish every bearing surface, including the pins.  Be careful to NEVER change the engagement surfaces beyond polishing though.  You can also improve things by replacing the trigger return spring with a sear spring.  It takes about 2 to 3 pounds off the pull weight.  This doesn't work on all lowers though.  On some, it will not produce enough pressure the reset the trigger.  Of my three FALs, three of them have the sear spring in place of the trigger spring.  The other one has a DSA aluminum lower and it doesn't work on that one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
VandenBerg Custom in Houston can perform an excellent trigger job on a FAL.

281-480-3180

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Our very own Red Star Arms is currently in the process of having them.

Based on their AK triggers, I wouldn't expect anything less than KICKASS.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I was hoping someone would post info about RSA. I remember reading over on the FAL board a few months ago about them but haven't had time to get over there lately.
If they can produce something as nice for the FAL as they did for the AKs then I will definitely be in line for a few!
My SAR-2 has a set and it is incredible! Not only is it a quality setup it is designed to be reasonably user friendly. Anyone with the skill to install the trigger group can also make adjustments.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
VandenBerg Custom in Houston can perform an excellent trigger job on a FAL.

281-480-3180

yep!  www.vandenbergcustom.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top