Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 6:13:10 PM EDT
This is my first gun project.
Nice way to just jump into it huh?

Its one of Dan's Sporting good's Grade II Imbel kits.
Any advice you guys can give me would be appreciated.
I have a DAS STG58 carbine and several AR's and AK's.
But this will be the first kit for me to do.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Great start!  Now, go out and buy the US parts you need.  Next, find somebody in your area to help you with the barrel installation or ship it off to a gunsmith for assembly.  Put up an ad here and at the FALfiles requesting local help.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Congtrats Legs, did you receive the kit direct from Dan's recently? I built an 18" FAL on a Gear Logo Imbel with a Dan's grade III a while back. My poor Stg-58A still sits unfired . If you need a receiver wrench or pin gauges, I'd gladly loan you mine.

I can't find the exact link right now, but cruffler.com has a decent step by step process on building FAL's on their website.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Cruffler link

www.cruffler.com/trivia-April01-background.html

Hit the "next" button at the bottom, will walk thru in phases.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cruffler link

www.cruffler.com/trivia-April01-background.html

Hit the "next" button at the bottom, will walk thru in phases.

Exellent site. I needed that.

Thanks for the offer G-CODE, I may take you up
on that when the time comes. I'm gathering the
info right now. I want to make an Israeli heavy barrel.
I have a DSA Stg58 carbine so I'm hooked.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#5]
ilikelegs

If you are in the Dallas area I have the tools required to do a build. I have built several others using other peoples tools but now I have my own.

Let me know if you want some help we can get together some evening or weekend build it out.

Rusty
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Rusty,
I will have kit sometime this week so I will have
a better idea on what else I need to get.
Go to the Hometown forum and check out our
monthly dinners. We have one this weekend.
Come and hang out with us Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Now that's the kind of thing I love about this site.  This is a great place to network for people with similar interests.  I placed a post at the VA Hometown topic for a FAL build and ended up with three of us to build and two others came to help.  Without them, I wouldn't have been able to build mine.

Good luck and have fun.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Legs

I would like to make it on Saturday but I don't think I can. I am going to gone most of the day and by that time I will need to spend some time with my wife and baby girl.

I have been wanting to make one for a while, but something always seems to come up.

When you get down to ordering what you need, let me know. I know an FFL that will do transfers for $20 for the receiver. I also know where to go to buy compliance parts.

I have an Imbel from a Dan's grade III that I built that is a nice shooter. I built it on a Imbel 2003 Type III GL.  

Rusty
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is my first gun project.
Nice way to just jump into it huh?

Its one of Dan's Sporting good's Grade II Imbel kits.
Any advice you guys can give me would be appreciated.
I have a DAS STG58 carbine and several AR's and AK's.
But this will be the first kit for me to do.

Thanks

Welcome to the fine world of FALS. You will love it. My FALS are my favorite rifles I have ever owned or shot.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Be sure to post pictures of your build in progress. The best way to do this is to take pictures of it outside in bright sunlight. It's almost easier to hold it and have someone take pictures of you holding the gun. Also, if you hold it up by your face, we can get a good idea of how good or bad the build is going at certain points just by the look on your face.

About 100 photos should be adequate.

Please be sure to wear a bald-cap in one or two of the the photos just to mix-it-up.!

Thanks and good luck!
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey DA how is vegas treating you.   Aren
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top