Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 8:58:15 AM EDT
I'm trying to locate a thread where someone has a 3.5x  ACOG on a FAL

all I can find is this one
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=156163&w=myTopicPop

but I could have sworn someone else posted their rifle witht his same setup in the last month or so [?}

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
www.grsc.com has some on his website of the TA11 (3.5x32) ACOG along with a modified mount that he sells for the FAL / ACOG....If you are going to get an ACOG on a FAL I would highly recommend GRSC's mount...

Hope this helps

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
try google images/ you never know what you will find!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.grsc.com has some on his website of the TA11 (3.5x32) ACOG along with a modified mount that he sells for the FAL / ACOG....If you are going to get an ACOG on a FAL I would highly recommend GRSC's mount...

Hope this helps

Thanks!  that's what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
HI,

USMCO3, that is a nice mount you can use the irons as a back up. I wonder how fast can that mount be placed on and off, it looks nice. Kev
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Kev,

It's not my mount, I don't own one, but at one time I was considering putting a Trijicon TA11 ACOG on my DSA FAL.  Basically the mount is a modified DSA scope mount held on my 8 screws and 4 locking plates.  It would only take a minute to loosen up the screws and take the mount off.  And yes you can use the iron sights with that set up.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have that setup on a FAL - works great.  Very solid and low enough to get an adequate, if not real tight, cheekweld.  Only difference is mine was made from the later DSA mounts with 10 screws and 5 locking plates.  That TA11C spoils you for other sights/optics - too bad it is so pricey.
Lloyd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top