Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 2:37:15 PM EDT
Well... here it is.  My SAR48 with Izzy handguards, DSA aluminum lower, South African para stock and Steyr short flash hider.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I might want to do that to my SAR 48 HB Izzy. Looks great!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
man, i love those isreali handguards!!
and the para stock too!!
too bad i already ordered some us made imbel type furniture.  

LOOK GREAT!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Cliff, that thing looks intriguingly.........cool!

Can't wait to shoot it.  The IDPA match this month at Cavalier will have a rifle side match!  Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a sweet looking rifle ....!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
nice looking gun/
is it preban or can you put a folding stock on a postban FAL
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
What did you have to do to the lower to use the Para folding stock?  Is it just a matter of grinding off the flange on the bottom?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
nice looking gun/
is it preban or can you put a folding stock on a postban FAL

All SAR48s are pre-ban... and I mean pre-89 ban.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What did you have to do to the lower to use the Para folding stock?  Is it just a matter of grinding off the flange on the bottom?

Thanks.

You just hit on a very sore subject.  I thought all you had to do was to hack off the stock tang.  Shortly after removing that, I noticed that there is a fairly wide and unusual shaped hole that needed milled as well.  It took all day with a Dremel tool to work it out.  If you are planning a para coversion, you are far better off spending the extra $30 at DSA to get a correct para lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top