Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 2:52:19 PM EDT
I bought a Century arms FAL with a Hesse reciever a few years ago before I knew any better.
Sometimes it will fire a complete mag without any problems, but more often than not it wont extract the spent shell casing.  It only pushes the bolt back about 1/2 inch.  This will occur no matter what the setting is on gas adjustment nut.  
Has anyone had a simular problem?  I want to get a DSA, but I cant in good conscience sell it without it working properly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried different combos of ammo and mags. If you have, then you need to take it to a FAL 'smith, maybe you have a burr or something that hanging you up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I had exactly the same problem.  Try lubing the crap out of the bolt and carrier...  mine was giving me fits till I learned to not be stingy with the oil, and now she runs awesome.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you posted this question on the Fal Files? I had a simular problem on one of my fals.

I took the recoil springs out and cleaned them and the recoil spring tube. And then lightly greased the springs. Cured the problem.

Give that a try, or replace the springs all together!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, check that switch that is in front of the gas valve. If it is accidentally turned slightly to the grenade launch mode, you'll get a problem with extracting. Actually, I think that's a severe design flaw of the FAL, since simply letting the rifle rest on it's bipod can move the position of that switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top